Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Earth Day 2010 Online Posters






We have done our share of wasted resources by our weekly poster boards and lap booking. For Earth day 2010 we have found a site to help eliminate this waste. Glogging, online posters!

My children and I are still in the "learning" phase of how this all works, so please be merciful with us!

The assignment for Tyra and Jacob was to make a poster board about recycling. Johnny and I worked on one for Earth Day so that I could learn how this all works. I have found this to be a very fun way to research and learn! However, there is a way to "upgrade" the account and add class projects. I would LOVE to do this, but at $99 a year I guess I can do without it.

My children enjoyed it. Tyra likes learning new technology on the computer and my older children enjoyed this much better than a regular poster board. I still am a bit old fashion and enjoy cutting, pasting, and painting on poster board. I liked the idea of producing less waste! I also have a hard time disposing of our poster boards and this adds clutter to our home, so all around it has been a nice experience. We are going to continue to glog, but I think we will still do an old fashion hands on project from time to time also!

Please check out our glogs and let us know what you think!

Recycling by Jacob

Recycle, Reduce, Reuse by Tyra

Earth Day 2010 by Johnny (and mommy)
On the Earth Day glog there is a link and be sure to listen to the music as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog