Goals for this group.
- To share ideas and resources
- Field trips
- Support group
- Occasional guest speaker
- Socialize with other homeschooling families
- Science Fair (Have an Offer from John S. Riley, Ph.D. to Judge. While he was a Chemistry professor he judged both Middle/High School Science Fair projects as well as Undergraduate Research presentations.)
- Mary Jo shared her experiences from the Modesty Seminar. This sounded very exciting! Her daughter said, "We should dress modestly not only to protect our own marriages, but also to protect others marriages". What a wonderful thing to have our children learning! As we think about this, has anyone seen the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue? I asked Food lion to remove it from my child's line of vision.
- Book It Program Opens On March 1st
- Fire Department Tour Thursday 10AM
- Ideas For Field Trips
- Page shared with us a series of books she reading (teenage level) called 39 Clues. http://www.scholastic.com/teachthe39clues/
- Monthly public speaking for the children.
- U pick, start planning on an event of picking strawberries. YUM!
- It mentioned that it would help to be able to add links or documents for all to see, I am working on a way to do this.
- LoweBot: Saturday 02/27/2010
- The Knack Science 2/27/2010 1:00pm
- TOS product testing http://www.theoldschoolhousestore.com/homeschool/Homeschool-Crew-2010.htm
- Local Testing http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B4Be5ok1vL8aNzk1NTFkNzUtMjk3NC00NzQxLWE0NjItOGU5NGNlY2JhNDI4&hl=en
- Maritime Museum Schedule http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4Be5ok1vL8aODM5OGMyZGItNzZmYy00N2E5LTljZTctZWVjNDNiNWVkOTM3&hl=en
- Secret Keeper girl (this looks like a wonderful program)
- Book site http://www.libraryanded.com/
- Site to take quizes on books and earn prizes http://bookadventure.com/