Monday, February 1, 2010

Is there help for my growing chaos?



"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?" — Albert Einstein





It seems as if I spend more time planning and organizing rather than actually "doing" things. So I have decided that it is once again time to stop pushing things from point A to point B and ACTUALLY get organized AGAIN!


Step one, reevaluate the "clutter". What is it that I should keep and what can I now discard?


Step two, actually throw away the unneeded extras. (I have come to realize that we are a family of pack rats.)


Now at this point I realize that I need to make some adjustments to the way I am filing and storing many supplies. So I start a list of what I have considered to be "needed" items. All I can think is how thrilled my husband is going to be to come home and see that I have emptied all the desk drawers onto the floor making it impossible to enter into our home. Even bigger thrill for him, when I tell him that I must buy this list of supplies I am attending to now.


Maybe I should look up some ideas on how to control this chaos? So now I have searched the web for ideas... most that I found wanted me to buy their book.... more planning rather than doing. I did however come across so interesting "freebies". Free is always welcome in my home. I found the following to be of interest.


Getting Organized Part 1 - Tips & Tricks
By Kathy von DuykePrinted in PHS #12, 1996.


http://www.home-school.com/Articles/phs12-kathyvonduyke.html



Getting Organized Part 2
By Katherine Von DuykePrinted in PHS #13, 1996.


http://www.home-school.com/Articles/phs13-kathyvonduyke.html



Getting Organized Part 3
By Kathy von DuykePrinted in PHS #14, 1996.


http://www.home-school.com/Articles/phs14-kathyvonduyke.html



Okay, now I am feeling educated, motivated, creative! Time for the doing! Time to get ORGANIZED! As if on cue, of course, the baby now starts to fuss, the 9 year old needs a hand, and the teenager needs a ride. And so is a day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog